Applying for an energy efficiency improvement grant

The Ministry of Sustainable Development and Infrastructure provides grants to people who wish to implement a project enhancing energy efficiency or a project focusing on renewable energy in a house or apartment. Such assistance, covered by the term ‘Prime House’, is subject to certain conditions.

Note: for the time being, this grant is intended exclusively for those implementing a project for which the invoice is issued between very specific dates, namely between 2013 and 2018, depending on the nature of the project. Learn more at the Environment Portal!

It is also to be noted that the issue of an energy performance certificate is required in order to obtain a building permit for an extension. Moreover, people working at myenergy, the national agency for energy advice, are ready and willing to give consumers guidance about opportunities for improving energy efficiency and existing State aid.

Find more information on the myenergy site and the Ministry of Sustainable Development and Infrastructure site, and call the freephone number: 8002 1190!

Finally, if you are looking for a company to carry out your work, the Chamber of Trades (Chambre des métiers) has a list of companies with the label ‘Energie fir d’ Zukunft’ (‘Energy for the future’), which specialise in the field of construction in accordance with new energy standards.

Source :

Back to top